Hot, comforting, and full of flavour. This Chinese-inspired egg drop soup is simply perfect for cold winter nights and rainy days.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Kcal per serve : 520
• 1 cup Crab Meat
• 1 cup Winter Bamboo Shoots, cut into strips
• ¼ cup Chopped Scallions
• 6 cups Chicken Broth
• 1 tablespoon, Ginger Strips
• 1 tsp. Red Chili Flakes
• 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
• 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
• 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
• 3 Large Eggs, beaten
• ½ teaspoon Ground White Pepper
1. Set pot to sauté mode.
2. Heat vegetable oil and sauté scallions, ginger, chili flakes until aromatic.
3. Add crab meat and bamboo shoots. Sauté briefly.
4. Add chicken broth, soy sauce, and vinegar. Bring to a simmer.
5. Gently stir in the beaten eggs. Allow to cook for about a minute.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Drizzle on sesame oil before serving.
Don’t overbeat the eggs to keep those streaks of egg whites distinct from the yolks. Stir in a light slurry of cornstarch and water towards the end, and you’ve got yourself a soup that looks like it came out of a top Asian restaurant. Don’t forget the Sri Racha on the side, of course!