This quick and easy recipe for a tasty meal takes no time at all to reach the table. Just get the pasta water on the boil when you are preparing the meatballs and drop it in the spaghetti or pasta of choice while the
meatballs cook. Sprinkle over some extra Parmesan and you have a family favourite!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Kcal per serve: 317
• 1 lb. lean ground beef
• ½ red onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 eggs, beaten
• ½ tsp. red chili pepper flakes, or to taste
• ½ tsp salt
• ⅓ tsp. ground black pepper
• ½ tsp. dried basil
• ½ tsp. dried thyme
• 2 tbsp. Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese, finely grated
• 2 – 3 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 ½ cups Marinara sauce (23oz. jar) of choice
• ⅓ cup light chicken stock or water
• 3 tbsp. red wine (optional)
• 1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
1. To a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients except the olive oil, Marinara sauce, chicken stock and wine. Using your hands thoroughly mix together the ingredients until evenly distributed through the ground beef.
2. Roll the ground beef mixture into balls of about 2 inches in diameter. Place them in the fridge for about 15 minutes to firm up.
3. Set the InstantPot to Sauté (More/High) and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When hot sauté the meatballs, in batches, until browned all over. Add more oil if necessary. Switch off Sauté mode.
4. Mix together the Marinara sauce, stock or water, wine (optional) and parsley. Pour a ⅓ into the pot, add the meatballs and pour over the remaining sauce.
5. Set to Manual (Normal) for 6 minutes.
6. When done allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure.
If you use damp hands the ground beef won’t be as sticky on the skin and it will be easier to roll the balls. I like using a combination of ground beef and ground pork, and even chicken, for a more interesting taste.